Home » Expert Q & A » Addiction Treatment » Addiction Treatment: Anna Deeds

Drug Treatment for the Uninsured

  • aprilgant13 Asks ...

    I have signed up for this web site for my brother. My brother David is a meth abuser and he has a wife and 2 boys under the age of 8. We grew up around this surroundings with my parents. He is finally wanting the help a 6-9 month program that will detox him, send him through a program, and then maybe a half way house too let him back into society. I live in TX and there's not really many options considering we have no insurance on him and plus he doesn't work at the moment. I am really hoping you could turn me too the right direction and help me out. Thanks for you taking your time too read this. Hope you have a wonderful day.

  • Anna Deeds Says ...
    Anna Deeds

    Thank you for your question. You are very caring to try to help your brother. He will need all the support he can get. I think it's wonderful that he is willing to attend such a long treatment program. The longer the treatment he does and the more work he puts into it, the better chance he will have at staying in recovery.

    Addiction is considered a disease by the medical community. Because of this, David would be considered to have a disability that needs medical treatment. He should qualify for state funded medical assistance.

    I found a website called 211 Help in Texas and have included a link through which you can search for treatment in your area. You can also dial 211 on your phone for information. You may also want to do a search for drug and alcohol treatment through your local county. Many counties will fund treatment for people who don't qualify for state assistance.

    I hope this helps and good luck.

Featured Experts