Home » Expert Q & A » Drug Addiction Treatment » Drug Treatment: Jim LaPierre

Rehab without Funds or Insurance

• JOHN GONZALEZ Asks ...
    JOHN GONZALEZ

HEY JIM MY NAMES JOHN HOW ARE YOU, I JUST HAVE A QUICK ?, IM TRYING TO LOOK FOR A REHAB CENTER BUT WASNT SURE HOW TO ADMIT MYSELF WITH NO MONEY OR INSURANCE, IS THERE ANY OTHER WAY AROUND JOINING WITH NO MONEY?

• Jim LaPierre Says ...
    Jim LaPierre

Hi John,

Wish I had better news for you - rehab without insurance/money is very tough indeed.

Couple things - first, if you're going through any type of withdrawal, get to your local emergency room. They do not have to provide rehabilitation but they legally must treat you if you're medically compromised - they have to at least stabilize you.

Second - grab a phone book and call every rehab within 200 miles and ask if they have any scholarships or assistance for those without insurance.

Next - check with your local Department of Health & Human Services - I am wondering if you may qualify for Medicaid and if so that will help (still be rough but way better than nothing).

Next - get yourself to local AA and NA meetings - they have the answers you need and they're not only free - they're the true experts as far as I'm concerned. Unless you're in a very rural area, you can probably hit several meetings a day and those folks will do more to help you stay clean than anyone anywhere.

Good luck!

Related expert answers

Like what you're reading?

Featured Experts

Find Treatment
Browse by region »