What Is Wernicke Korsakoff Syndrome – Wet Brain?
The symptoms of "Wet Brain" include:
- An inability to form new memories or retrieve past memories
- Vision problems
- Ataxia (a short stepped but wide stance walk)
Chronic heavy drinkers are at risk of wet brain because:
- They do not get adequate nutrition (they consume most of their energy as alcohol calories, which provides no vitamins
- They suffer gastro-intestinal inefficiencies, leaving them lass able to process vitamins
- They suffer liver damage (B1 is processed in the liver)
Wet brain is treatable with high doses of vitamins in the early stages of the disease. Later stages are incurable.
Post a comment 0
We welcome republishing of our content on condition that you credit Choose Help and the respective authors. This article is licensed under a Creative Commons License.