Facebook Addiction - 34% of Young Women Check Facebook before Even Using the Bathroom in the Morning!
A third of women polled on their use of the social networking site Facebook say that the first thing they do in the morning, before even going to the bathroom, is to check their facebook page for updates.
Other telling facts revealed in a study poll of 1605 adults on their use of social media (conducted by Oxygen Media and Lightspeed research) include:
- 21% of women between the ages of 18 and 34 wake up in the middle of the night to check their facebook page
- 42% of women between the ages of 18 and 34 say that they feel comfortable posting pictures that show them to be intoxicated – and 63% of women from this same age group say that they use the site for networking and career building!
- 57% of women aged 18 to 34 say that they talk to others online more often than they do face to face
- 48% of young women say they use Facebook to learn about news
- Half of young women say they’re OK with dating someone they’ve met on facebook – while 65% of single men will do likewise
- 24% of young men are comfortable using facebook as a way to break up – something that only 9% of women feel is acceptable
- In all, 39% of the Facebook users polled (ages 18 to 54) admit to being addicted to the networking site.
Post a comment 0
We welcome republishing of our content on condition that you credit Choose Help and the respective authors. This article is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
The 2 hallmarks of an email addiction are an obsession with thoughts of checking for email and an inability to resist the urge to check. Email addicts might check for mail hundreds of times per day - and eventually think of little else.Read the complete article