Home » Expert Q & A » Adolescent Issues » Adolescent Issues: Dr. Shirley Schaye

Need In-Person Child Diagnostic Evaluation

  • Alisha Cutts Asks ...
    Alisha Cutts

    Hello My name is Alisha and I am having a problem with my 10 year-old son. He is acting out at school, lying, and hiding things from me and his teacher, and a lot more... I don't know what to do anymore. I need help...

  • Dr. Shirley Schaye Says ...
    Dr. Shirley Schaye

    I am sorry to hear about the problems you are having with your son. It would help to have a full history to understand better whether this is something that has occurred recently or whether his developmental history points in the direction of something going on with him for some time now.

    Since we cannot chat back and forth I would strongly suggest that you bring your son to a child psychologist or child psychiatrist to do a complete evaluation. Only with a proper diagnosis can we then know what is going on with him.  So e.g., we would want to know whether he has any learning disabilities, whether he has attention deficit problems or is this simply a psychological problem because what is going on in school or what is going on at home. So as soon as you get him evaluated it will become clear what is going on and then a treatment plan will be put in place.

    If you need help finding a referral give me your city, state and zip code and I will find someone who will be able to diagnose what is going on.

    I hope you understand that no one can diagnose him without a proper in-person evaluation.

    Dr. Shirley Schaye

Featured Experts