I Don't Use Drugs but I Failed a Drug Test.
anonymous Asks ...
Hello. I have been with my boyfriend for over 10 years and we have kids together. I am unemployed and had some depression issues especially when I failed a drug test. I don't do any drugs. So I have been questioning God and my own life. Then, one day I came across a plate with a dollar bill on it with powder substances on it. So I confronted my boyfriend and he admitted it and stated he does not do it often.
I am trying to figure out how it got into my system. Now, I know how it got into my system, because he is smoking it in my house. I am confuse and I don't know what to do. I thinking should I just kick him out or try to help. Then I don't even know how to help. We don't really have good communication with each other. My feelings right now: I am a bit on the angry side. It was 2 jobs that was in my hands, but because of him I am still unemployed.
Lita Perna Says ...
You did not say what drug you tested positive for. I am also unclear if you failed the test for two different jobs.
I will assume you tested positive for Benzoylecgonine, the metabolite (what’s left behind) that a body creates when cocaine has been consumed. It is proof that you have knowingly or unknowingly ingested cocaine in some form.
To the best of my knowledge you cannot fail a drug test if your boyfriend is smoking cocaine when you aren’t even around when he is doing it.
Because you are unemployed I suggest you:
- Apply for the LINK Card for food.
- Apply for the Medicaid Card for medical care for you and the kids.
- Get a check up to determine why you failed a drug test.
- Make an appointment at a community mental health center to deal with the depression and get some ideas about how to help yourself and your kids.
- You and your kids need help first.
- You need someone to help you feel less confused and help you make some plans and set some goals.