Home » Expert Q & A » Social Issues » Social Issues: John Lee

Alcoholism Recovery Employment Assistance in Mass.

  • anonymous Asks ...

    I am wondering if The Mass Rehabilitation Commission assists recovering alcoholics with finding a job or computer training.

  • John Lee Says ...
    John Lee

    I took a look at their website, specifically their service authorization determination criteria, and it seems that in order to be eligible for services you'd need to have a primary mental health disorder (other than substance abuse) or other disability as well being in recovery in order to receive services.

    Their website is not totally clear, though, so I'd definitely recommend calling up your local DMH site office to ask that question more directly. Here's a link to a contact page that's listed by city - town - county. http://www.mass.gov/eohhs/provider/guidelines-resources/clinical-treatment/mental-health/dmh-offices/alphabetic-index.html  Good luck,

Featured Experts