Home » Expert Q & A » Social Issues » Social Issues: Jim LaPierre

Yes Reach Out

  • anonymous Asks ...

    If I know a small child is living with an alcoholic that is getting drunk every night while she is alone in the apartment as the only guardian should I call social services? She has the balcony across from mine and I can see her get falling down drunk every night. The little girl is about 6 and she is the granddaughter I think.

  • Jim LaPierre Says ...
    Jim LaPierre

    Hi there and thank you for your question - your concern is really a matter of common sense and yes urge you t contact whether you are required to by law or not. Its clear that this weighs heavily on your mind and that you have a big heart. If you are feeling brave, I urge you to reach out directly to the woman. Not late in the evening when she is impaired but perhaps much earlier. You could mention that your vantage point view allows you to see things that cause you to be concerned for them both (nonjudgmental)

    Good luck and blessed be!

Featured Experts