Home » Expert Q & A » Detoxification » Detox: Dr. David Sack

Commitment for Addiction

  • anonymous Asks ...

    i have a brother in law who h\is addicted to achoal and presc. pills and he has hit rock bottom and im afraid he is going to OD he really needs some help is there a law in oklahoma where his faimly can admit him forceably

  • Dr. David Sack Says ...
    Dr. David Sack

    You would need to contact an attorney for legal rights in your state. In most states it is possible to do a 72-hour hold if someone is a danger to themselves or others, but nothing much beyond that. 

    Have you considered hiring a professional Interventionist who is certified? The right interventionist can make a huge difference.