Free Depression Resources
I am depressed and have anxiety and I am unemployed and living with friends. I have no money for any kind of therapy or even for medication but I can’t get work because on most days I can’t even get myself to leave the bedroom. How can someone with no money at all for any kind of treatment have a hope of beating mental illness?
Stephanie Adams Says ...
When you're depressed, you feel so trapped - but there are options out there:
- First, community mental health resources available at lower rates for low-income individuals: http://www.nccbh.org/
- Second, self-help and support groups: http://mentalhelp.net/selfhelp/
- Third, discount/free medication resources: http://www.needymeds.org/. Also, talk to your doctor about private pay and sliding-scale discounts - many doctors understand how difficult it is for the uninsured to get quality health care.
- Fourth, public assistance in the form of social security/disability financial help: http://www.ssa.gov/ It does take time to receive aid, but if you qualify it can help you out long-term.
- Fifth, free clinics: http://www.freeclinicfoundation.com/
- Sixth, seek support and encouragement through the National Empowerment Center: www.power2u.org
Don't give up! You can get through this!