Home » Expert Q & A » Depression » Depression: Anna Deeds

Depression Symptoms

• ae19534f95 Asks ...
    ae19534f95

I'm 15 years old, and over the past couple of months I've felt down. I do not enjoy my usual hobbies as much as I use to. I have intrusive thoughts that tell me to stop getting good grades and stop bodybuilding (two things I take pride in). I have a constant headache and feel hopeless to an extent. Should I tell my parents. What should I do?

• Anna Deeds Says ...
    Anna Deeds

Thank you for your question. I would definitely tell your parents. You can also try talking to your school guidance counselor who can refer you to a counselor. Your symptoms seem to fit the criteria for depression but I would need more information to make an accurate diagnosis. It's a good idea to get a complete physical from your doctor as well because there could be a biological reason for your symptoms. Headaches aren't a common symptom of depression so something else could be causing the headaches. Make sure to tell your doctor if you are taking any supplements as a part of your bodybuilding. It is possible that even over the counter supplements could affect your health. 

I hope you feel better and everything works out so you can return to your usual activities and see an improvement in your mood.

Like what you're reading?

Featured Experts

Find Treatment
Browse by region »