Home » Expert Q & A » Counseling » Counseling: Dr. Shirley Schaye

An IN-PERSON CONSULTATION is needed to Diagnose your situation.

  • anonymous Asks ...

    What does it mean if I am starting to have anger control and impulse control problems in my 30s. I have never before had a problem managing my anger but recently I find it just bubbles up so suddenly out of nowhere and it's more than I can control and 3 times in the last 2 months I have gotten violent with another person and this is more times than in the past 20 years before this. It's like this rage swells up and before I know it I am lashing out without even thinking about it. Should I be worried about a brain tumor or something? Why else would this change in behavior be happening to me in my adult years?

  • Dr. Shirley Schaye Says ...
    Dr. Shirley Schaye

    I have not had an in-depth, in-person consultation with you so cannot really say what is going on. I would need to know so...ooo very much about you to determine why this is happening more now --- like, e.g., a complete history of your family background, who are you getting angry with, what is this person doing that is making you lose it like that. Of course, I cannot say if there is a physical, organic reason. That, of course, would need to be ruled out by a neurologist. Psychologically, as I already said, you would need an IN-PERSON CONSULTATION to determine what is going on. If you tell me your city, state and zip code I will help you find someone with the proper training who would be able to diagnose what is going on.

    Dr. Shirley Schaye

Featured Experts