Home » Expert Q & A » Counseling » Counseling: Loren Gelberg-Goff

Dealing with Memories that Impact Your Life

• anonymous Asks ...
    anonymous

I think something happened to me when I was a at a summer camp when I was a very young kid. I have these weird dreams about it all the time and I feel like I am repressing some sort of terrible event. I feel like this event that I don’t even remember is affecting me today and is making me into a suspicious and paranoid person when what I really want is to be able to embrace life. I want to move past this whatever it is and I am ready to face it. Is hypnosis the best way to deal with this? Is there much of a risk of false memories? Is there a better way than hypnosis?

• Loren Gelberg-Goff Says ...
    Loren  Gelberg-Goff

Great question... I'm sorry that you are feeling that something you can't quite put your finger on is interfering in your life.  Hypnotherapy is a very powerful and worthwhile therapeutic intervention to help learn what it is that is getting in your way.  It is important that you establish a good rapport with your therapist prior to having a hypnotherapy session because a big part of hypnotherapy is about trust.  The therapist should not be the one to "suggest" a memory, but rather you can discuss the issues that are coming up for you and what it is that you feel is lurking in the background.  Hypnotherapy would be what I would recommend to uncover the memory that seems to be haunting you... A good place to seek a qualified hypnotherapist would be through the Wellness Institute.  They provide training for heart-centered hypnotherapy which is a very supportive and compassionate modality, and the practitioners have a reputation of operating with a great deal of integrity.  I hope that this is helpful to you.  Please let me know if you need any additional information or input.  All the best, Loren (www.beingwellwithin.com)

Featured Experts

Find Treatment
Browse by region »