Home » Expert Q & A » Counseling » Counseling: Dr. Candace McCullough

Martha's Place

  • Asks ...

    Hello i wanted to find out more information about marthas place in baltimore .Is it out-patient or in-patient ? Does it focus on special populations? What are they? 5. What type of insurance do they take? If someone doesn’t have insurance, do they have sliding scales?

  • Dr. Candace McCullough Says ...
    Dr. Candace McCullough

    You may want to check out http://marthasplace.org/index.php/services/ to get more information.  It is a recovery program for women overcoming drug addition and homelessness. 


    Six-month transitional housing: Women completing 28-day detoxification or 30 Narcotics Anonymous (NA) meetings in a span of 30 days, are eligible to apply for the six-month transitional housing program at Martha’s Place.  The program focuses on teaching women the skills necessary to overcome their drug-dependency while simultaneously developing the skills necessary for independent living. Residents of the six-month program participate in individual and group counseling with the Martha’s Place Addictions Counselor,  attend daily NA meetings, obtain employment, participate in money management training, pay rent ($10 nightly), complete house chores, and obtain a sponsor.

    Long-term SRO (Single Room Occupancy) housing: Women that complete a six-month transitional program are eligible to apply for residency at  one the Martha’s Place long-term SRO homes.  Each of the four SRO homes offer individual bedrooms and shared living rooms, dining rooms, bathrooms, laundry facilities, and outdoor gardens.  The SRO homes are unstaffed recovery homes where residents can apply the skills learned from the six-month transitional program in an independent environment.  Supportive services such as addictions counseling, money management, remain available to residents on request.

Featured Experts