Home » Expert Q & A » Anxiety Disorders » Anxiety: Dr. Shirley Schaye

Rule Out Organicity First --- then seek out help from a Therapist

  • anonymous Asks ...

    I don’t know what’s wrong with me. I just don’t feel comfortable in my own skin. It’s not like I am anxious around people or lonely when I am alone or anything specific like that I just feel sort of uncomfortable and edgy all the time for no reason at all. Sometimes I feel dizzy too, for no reason. Other than that physically I feel fine so I am not sick. This started happening about 2 months ago and I thought it would go away and get better on its own but it is not. What’s wrong with me?

  • Dr. Shirley Schaye Says ...
    Dr. Shirley Schaye

    I am very sorry to hear about how you are feeling. First, I want to say that if you feel dizzy that you should go to your internist to rule out any physical problem. Then, if everything is alright proceed to seeking out a therapist to discuss what iis going on. Without knowing your history or anything about you there is no way to know why you are feeling the way to are.

    So ... ... First --- a check-up with your internist

    Second --- go for an evaluation to a therapist to help you dig deeper to find out what is going on and get the right kind of therapy to help you to resolve your uncomfortable feelings.

    If you need help finding a therapist, please let me know and I'll be glad to help you find someone.

    Dr. Shirley Schaye

Featured Experts