Home » Expert Q & A » Alcoholism » Alcoholism: Jim LaPierre

Best Professional for the Job

  • Fady Hashem Asks ...
    Fady Hashem

    i am struggling with alcohol dependency or abuse, leading also naturally while drinking to heavy chain smoking and the most embarrassing of all the bed wetting after a night of excessive heavy drinking.
    I'm not a daily drinker but once i go out and have my first I can't manage to stop knowing i have epilepsy as well.
    what is the best approach to cure myself? should I work with addiction professionals? psychologists, psychiatrist...?
    Thank you!

  • Jim LaPierre Says ...
    Jim LaPierre

    Hi there and thank you for your excellent question. While you may lack some clarity on what the solutions are, you certainly do have a strong sense of what the consequences of your drinking are and the risks you're taking. You're describing binge drinking with an inability to stop once you've started. I would suggest that you start with an addictions counselor and if it turns out you need more or different services, an competent addictions counselor will refer you to them as needed.

    I wish you the very best of luck and urge you to seek help right away. Blessed be, Jim

Featured Experts